Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 2 July 5th 2011

Today I sat down and opened my bible.  I just chose a random page and began reading.  In the book of Matthew, chapter 13, verse 14 and 15; I read, "This fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah that says, 'When you hear what I say, you will not understand.  When you see what I do, you will not comprehend.  For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes- so their eyes cannot see and their ears cannot hear, and the hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.'"

I felt that this spoke to me, I felt like there was a reason that I had opened to this page.  Call it silly coincidence but I honestly learned something today.  The earlier part of the chapter starts with the parable of the farmer spreading seeds.  Jesus was speaking to the people using parables and his disciples asked him why.  Jesus went on to explain that his disciples were given the ability to understand the meaning of his words but the people were not.  So even though they stand there and listen to him they do not understand and that is why he uses parables to help explain how to live following the word of God, through the teachings of Jesus.

My Prayer;
"Thank you Lord for this passage today. Guide me to open my heart to your glory and see and hear and comprehend the meaning of this message. Please give patience, for I know that this is not an over night transformation and allow me to open my heart, my eyes, my ears and my mind to accept the words that you have given me today.  Today is a good day, where I get to live again, breath again, see again, and hear again. Thank you Lord, Amen"

1 comment: