Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's Been A While

As I have stated in my previous blogs, I knew that this was going to be a hard task.  I have been ultra busy with school, work, cars falling apart, and kids.  I have not made an effort to continue on with my studies or my devotionals with Lynne and it has really caused us to not become any closer.  Though there are many reasons for this, one being that we don't have a huge amount of time together to strengthen our relationship, and two because when we do have time together we do not make it quality time.  I really have to get back on this and spend more time doing our devotionals.

Back to 1 Corinthians 7, Instruction on marriage;
       Chapter 7 speaks of how if you are not married it is suggested not to get married, for the sole fact that then you will have all of yourself to give to God and God's plan.  If you get married it is not a sin but you should work together in your marriage to live for God and God's plan.  If you are married and your spouse is not religious or is not a believer, stay with them because you could be the one to save them.  If they wish to leave, let them go, it may have not meant to work out in your walk with God.  If you remarry then it should be for love and your relationship should be for God.

I believe the reason the suggestion for not getting married comes up in this passage is because while you are in a relationship with your spouse you also have to put God first.  The struggle there is of course that you may have a family and now you are tied to your earthly responsibilities in order to provide for your family.  This may cause conflict, but if you and your spouse are working together putting God first, everything else will fall into place.  Putting God first does not mean that you are neglecting each other it just means that you are going to commit to bettering your relationship with God as your Mentor.

Today I have to make a change...

No comments:

Post a Comment