Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Bleeding Feet

My bleeding feet is a reference to my journey with God and how I have fallen off the path and have traveled upon a beaten uncharted path of my own, which seemed to be the easy route, but on that path I have fallen on hard times, financially, mentally, and relationship wise.  The path has been so rugged with rocks and jagged bricks (or ups and downs in my life) that my feet are destroyed from the constant clime to get back to walk on the path with God.  I still am not there yet.  And I still have a lot of work ahead of me and I know that even when I am finally back to the path it will be just as much work to maintain staying on that path.  Committing to the path with God is not simple but at least I know that the walk, with God, will be a relief to my bleeding feet.

My Bleeding Feet, they can be healed, they are still usable but they are far from walking on soft soil still and I will do my best to get there, to feel that sand under me, to let the Lord heal them and heal me.

Today I continued to read the book of Matthew; I find it very productive for me to read Jesus' teachings through the parables that he presents the word of God in.  I can understand them and I can use them to help me grow in Gods word.  The next parable that I read after the Farmer Scattering Seeds, was the parable of Wheat and Weeds.  This parable uses an analogy that I really like, however I do not like reading the word of God and seeing things like, "You will burn in Hell for your sins" because all it reminds me of is being a child and the Sunday School teacher telling me that if I do not accept Jesus as my Savior then I will die and live in the fires of Hell for all eternity.  Anyway, the parable goes a little something like this, "The kingdom of heaven is like a farmer who planted good seeds in his field.  But that night as the workers slept, his enemy came and planted weeds among the wheat, then slipped away.  When the crop began to grow and produce grain, the weeds also grew.  The farmer's workers went to him and said 'Sir, the field where you planted the good seed is full of weeds! Where did they come from?  An enemy has done this! the farmer exclaimed.  Should we pull out the weeds? they asked.  No, the farmer replied, you'll uproot the wheat if you do.  Let both grow together until the harvest.  Then I will tell the harvesters to sort out the weeds, tie them into bundles, and burn them, and to put the wheat in the barn." (Matthew Chapter 13, verse 24 through 30)

I really like this parable because it basically is talking about the kingdom of heaven and how God has planted all good seeds but the enemy is trying to stop them from producing any useful crops for the farmer.  We are the seeds, we are the wheat that grows to produce grain.  God is the farmer and without him we cannot grow.  The weeds are our trials and tribulations that are brought on by not following God or by being deceived by Satan.  We need to grow so God does everything that he can, however, we cannot "all" be saved and God knows that, even though he wants to save us all.  Remember that, God wants to save us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment