Tuesday, July 12, 2011

He's trying to bring us down...

So, my wife and I are arguing a lot recently. Whether it be over something little or something of significance.  I feel that this has something to do with the fact that I have been trying to better my life with getting both her and I involved with our couples devotions and us reading scriptures in the bible.  Right now I completely feel that there is a source of influence that has weighed heavy on us.  I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life that I have felt that the devil may actually be playing a role in influencing how we are communicating.  The reason why I say this is because even though I am trying to better our relationship, we have been arguing continuously about random things that are completely insignificant.

Lynne and I have been together for over 5 years now and never have we been involved in religion.  It seems to me that if in fact there is an outside influence on how we are getting along, it must be (in this situation) the work of someone who is anti religion or anti-God.  I feel as though this has got to be the work of someone who is trying to keep us from growing in the teachings of Christ, through the word of God.  I am serious here. This is everything that I have grown up to know about the deceiver...  This is everything that I have sub-consciously remembered about trying to grow strong in the word of our God in a relationship.

Lynne said to me the other day, after reading 1st Corinthians, chapter 7, about marriage.  She says "I don't like reading the Bible by myself, for the simple reason that I do not understand.  I like how you help me understand..."  I then referenced back to Corinthians, chapter 7 verse 16 "Don't you wives realize that your husbands might be saved because of you?  Don't you husbands realize that your wives might be saved because of you?" I feel that this speaks to us in many ways.  Lynne has very little understanding of religion because she has not had the same upbringing as i have.  I have a very inhibited view of religion because of all that I have seen growing up in a church.  I want to help Lynne to understand what I understand, however it feels as though there is this burning influence that is trying ever so hard to keep us from being closer in the word and works of God.

"Help us Lord, we are here at you feet begging for mercy, begging to understand"

No comments:

Post a Comment